We would love to have you come and sit through the Fundamentals of BASE Course, and give us your feedback.
An auditor is someone who follows a course, and attends all lecture and jumping sessions with the students, but who packs and jumps their own gear. Auditors usually make fewer jumps than enrolled students, because students benefit from multiple rigs and instructor pack jobs.
There is no charge to audit a course, but prior approval from the instructor is required, and a $100 deposit is required to secure your space. The deposit will be refunded at check-in for the course. IF YOU CANCEL, YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR DEPOSIT.
Why would you want to audit?
Most auditors are interested in taking one of our Safety Skills course for which the Fundamentals of BASE Course is a pre-requisite, but are already experienced jumpers and don’t want to enroll in the Fundamentals Course as a student.
Some auditors just want to check out the school and the Fundamentals Course.
We’ve never had an auditor who didn’t learn a lot of helpful things from the course though.
And since auditing is FREE, all you really have to lose is four days of your time, during which you’ll be jumping anyway.
• Be self sufficient in packing and jumping without help or supervision
• Have their own gear (former students are welcome to borrow student gear).
• Be willing to help with shuttling vehicles or picking up jumpers on loads when they do not jump.
• Have their own safety equipment (helmet and kneepads).
• Have completed a minimum of 25 BASE jumps, or the Fundamentals of BASE Course.
Snake River BASE reserves the right to limit the number of auditors for any course, to preserve the quality of instruction for enrolled students.
As always, former students are welcome to audit any course they have completed.
If you want to come and audit a course, please submit your request HERE.